Real Housewives Of Salt Lake City Reunion: Lisa Barlow tries to explain rant against Meredith Marks

Publish date: 2024-05-02

Lisa Barlow tried to explain why she called her Meredith Marks a ‘ f***ing piece of s*** garbage whore’ in a hot mic rant on Sunday’s RHSLC reunion part two on Bravo.

The 46-year-old reality star complained that they shouldn’t put words in her mouth, but Heather Gay said they were subtitled on the screen.

‘I find it incomprehensible that me expressing my feelings of being offended could be enough, there is nothing that could be enough to trigger that kind of tirade against anyone,’ said Meredith, 49. ‘I’ve never spoken like that about anyone.’

Rant explanation: Lisa Barlow tried to explain why she called her Meredith Marks a ' f***ing piece of s*** garbage whore' in a hot mic rant on Sunday's RHSLC reunion part two on Bravo

Rant explanation: Lisa Barlow tried to explain why she called her Meredith Marks a ‘ f***ing piece of s*** garbage whore’ in a hot mic rant on Sunday’s RHSLC reunion part two on Bravo

Reunion host Andy Cohen, 53, said to Meredith that it seemed like a huge barrier in their relationship was Lisa’s friendship with Jen Shah, 48.

Meredith then started crying remembering the circumstances surrounding her father’s passing. 

She said to Lisa, ‘I called you three days before he passed away and I said my father is dying and you never called to check on me. Two days after he died, I called you and said he died and I invited you to Shabbat dinner and all you wanted to do was attack me to make friends with Jen, which you knew was a sensitive subject at that moment.’

‘I needed a moment to grieve and a friend to be there for me and you hurt me and you let me down,’ Meredith said. 

Let down: 'I needed a moment to grieve and a friend to be there for me and you hurt me and you let me down,' Meredith said

Let down: ‘I needed a moment to grieve and a friend to be there for me and you hurt me and you let me down,’ Meredith said

‘I checked on you. I always check on you,’ Lisa protested.

Heather, 39, said that Lisa texted her the day after her dad died and said she hoped her father was feeling better.

Lisa told Heather that she didn’t know her father had died and that it wasn’t intentional.

Always checked: 'I checked on you. I always check on you,' Lisa protested

Always checked: ‘I checked on you. I always check on you,’ Lisa protested

‘She may have known,’ said Heather. ‘Everyone else knew.’

‘I was 100 percent there for you,’ said Lisa to Meredith.

‘It sounds like you weren’t,’ said Andy. ‘She doesn’t feel like you were.’

The host: 'It sounds like you weren't,' said reunion host Andy Cohen. 'She doesn't feel like you were'

The host: ‘It sounds like you weren’t,’ said reunion host Andy Cohen. ‘She doesn’t feel like you were’

‘I’m so sorry, I’m a horrible human being,’ said Lisa.

Meredith read her a text that she sent to Lisa a month later saying: ‘If you love my family, please stand up for it. I am in immense pain, suffering daily.’ She said she was asking for a friend and that ‘I’m hurting. I love you. I am in extreme pain and feel alone.’

Meredith said she was shocked at the things Lisa said about her after her father died. Lisa insisted that she was there for her. Andy said that what she was saying wasn’t landing well.

Split screen Meredith and Lisa were shown in split screen as they spoke about the rant

Split screen Meredith and Lisa were shown in split screen as they spoke about the rant

‘I know I was there for you,’ Lisa said.

Andy then recounted all the things Lisa said about Meredith picked up by a hot mic after she went to her room including ‘Meredith is a piece of s***. I have your back. I’m offended by that. F*** you. That f***ing piece of s*** garbage whore. I f***ing hate you. She’s a whore. She f****ed half of New York. She can go f*** herself.’

‘That’s a lot,’ Lisa admitted.

A lot: 'That's a lot,' Lisa admitted after Andy read out her profanity-laced tirade against Meredith

A lot: ‘That’s a lot,’ Lisa admitted after Andy read out her profanity-laced tirade against Meredith

Meredith said she didn’t really care about the content but that the ‘venom and the hatred that the delivery came with is what resonated. I couldn’t even sit and watch it. I would stop it. It took me about an hour to get through it. I was sick. Utterly sick.’

Lisa said she was in a blind rage rant. Andy asked if she really thought that Meredith was a whore. Lisa said she did not.

‘I’ve slept with fewer people than I have fingers, okay?’ said Meredith.

Utterly sick: Meredith said she didn't really care about the content but that the 'venom and the hatred that the delivery came with is what resonated. I couldn't even sit and watch it. I would stop it. It took me about an hour to get through it. I was sick. Utterly sick'

Utterly sick: Meredith said she didn’t really care about the content but that the ‘venom and the hatred that the delivery came with is what resonated. I couldn’t even sit and watch it. I would stop it. It took me about an hour to get through it. I was sick. Utterly sick’

Whitney told Meredith that Lisa told people before this even filmed that she made the same remarks.

Lisa denied it and said, ‘I have never talked about your marriage.’ She added: ‘I made a lot of comments that I feel sorry for. Are my words awful? Yes. Was I at a breaking point? Absolutely. Was it in the privacy of my room? One-hundred percent I could not take any more. Do I regret saying it? Yes. Am I sorry? One-thousand percent.’

She apologized to Meredith and said she felt that for the last year that she was rejecting her. She said she felt that Meredith could be friends with whomever but that she questioned why she was friends with Jen.

Piling on: Whitney Rose told Meredith that Lisa told people before this even filmed that she made the same remarks

Piling on: Whitney Rose told Meredith that Lisa told people before this even filmed that she made the same remarks

‘I got basically cut off from you,’ said Lisa.

Jen interrupted and said ‘here’s part of the problem’ and said Lisa’s delivery didn’t come across as an apology.

‘I’m sorry this is a group setting,’ said Lisa. ‘I’m sorry I even said it.’

Heather asked if she was sorry she said it or sorry that she got caught.

‘I’m not sorry I got caught,’ said Lisa getting out of her seat.

Heather said. ‘I believe you have said things like that about every single one of us.’ She said she knew that she said it about Jen, about Whitney and about herself. She said the moment was like a Scooby Doo episode where they rip the mask off and see who the real villain was.

Good question: Heather Gay asked Lisa if she was sorry she said it or sorry that she got caught

Good question: Heather Gay asked Lisa if she was sorry she said it or sorry that she got caught

Andy asked Whitney what it was like for her to see the breakdown of the friendship between Meredith and Lisa. He asked her if she was sad.

‘Yes, because if they truly had this deep of a friendship and 10 years just thrown away in a moment like that, but I think we all saw it coming this season,’ said Whitney. ‘There was a slow build.’

Heather said she felt for Lisa, but that she was unwilling to say she was sorry for anything in a way that was meaningful.

‘You are still defending your behavior,’ Heather said.

Lisa said she was explaining her behavior. 

Not defending: Lisa said she was explaining her behavior

Not defending: Lisa said she was explaining her behavior

‘I am being myself right now,’ said Meredith emotionally. ‘I’m like shutting the f*** down. Everyone one here wants to break me all the time.’

Andy asked them where the two of them see things going from here. Lisa turned to Meredith and said she regretted and was genuinely sorry for saying those words. She told Meredith that she hoped she was open to hearing her. She said it was a moment of rage and she hoped they would work on repairing their friendship.

Meredith said she saw the clip less than 48 hours ago and that she was still processing.

Looking forward: Andy asked them where the two of them see things going from here

Looking forward: Andy asked them where the two of them see things going from here

‘I don’t know where I stand,’ she said. ‘I hate to throw a 10-year friendship out the window. I’m devastated. I cannot fathom someone speaking about me that way, ever. I have to start to question if you did it intentionally. ‘

Andy then asked Meredith about what she said in the finale that she would expose other people and who they date.

‘They know who they are and they know what they have done,’ said Meredith. ‘Stop attacking me. Stop weaponizing my father’s death against me. Stop making up rumors about me that I turned Jen into the FBI. Leave me alone.’

‘You are threatening everyone is what you are doing,’ Andy said.

Together again: The woman gathered following season two of the Bravo show

Together again: The woman gathered following season two of the Bravo show

Meredith said she was just stating that she had information and that she could choose whether or not to use it.

‘That’s a threat,’ said Andy.

‘Pretty much,’ said Meredith.

Private information: 'Pretty much,' said Meredith when asked if she just issued a threat

Private information: ‘Pretty much,’ said Meredith when asked if she just issued a threat

Lisa went over to Meredith and said she was sorry, but Meredith didn’t want to talk with her off camera.

When the reunion show opened, Andy started out by asking Lisa why Whitney Rose was invited to her son’s launch party but not Jen. Lisa said the reason was because she got into a fight over the phone with Jen and that her son Henry heard and saw that she was upset.

‘I love Jen Shah, as controversial as that is,’ said Lisa, who was wearing a strapless magenta sequin dress.

Jen, who was wearing a purple strapless dress adorned with giant purple feathers, angrily said, ‘You don’t have to add ‘as controversial.’ 

Part two: When the reunion show opened, Andy started out by asking Lisa why Whitney Rose was invited to her son's launch party but not Jen

Part two: When the reunion show opened, Andy started out by asking Lisa why Whitney Rose was invited to her son’s launch party but not Jen

‘It’s controversial for me to love you too. Either love me or don’t love me but I’m tired of all the disclaimers when it comes to Jen Shah,’ she added.

Lisa told Jen that she had been a great friend to her.

Andy asked her why she lied to Jen about her kids Jack and Henry doing the guest list for her event and that being the reason why she wasn’t invited. Lisa said she didn’t lie to her and that her kids did do the guest list, but that her husband John suggested she invite Whitney to try to mend their relationship.

Andy asked Jennie Nguyen, 45, why she didn’t stick up for Lisa more when Whitney and Heather accused her of being a master manipulator. Jennie said she did defend Lisa.

A viewer asked Lisa why she immediately went and told Mary Cosby what Whitney had said about how the people at her church thought she was God. Andy asked why she pinned that on Whitney.

Show newcomer: Andy asked Jennie Nguyen, 45, why she didn't stick up for Lisa more when Whitney and Heather accused her of being a master manipulator. Jennie said she did defend Lisa

Show newcomer: Andy asked Jennie Nguyen, 45, why she didn’t stick up for Lisa more when Whitney and Heather accused her of being a master manipulator. Jennie said she did defend Lisa

Lisa said she actually asked her a lot of questions and said part of the conversation took place off camera.

‘Seems like you have a lot of important conversations that take place off camera,’ said Andy.

Andy then asked Lisa about when the authorities came looking for Jen about how when she called Meredith to inform her that she told the other housewives that she felt bad bothering her because she was at her father’s memorial.

Hot seat: Andy then asked Lisa about when the authorities came looking for Jen about how when she called Meredith to inform her that she told the other housewives that she felt bad bothering her because she was at her father's memorial

Hot seat: Andy then asked Lisa about when the authorities came looking for Jen about how when she called Meredith to inform her that she told the other housewives that she felt bad bothering her because she was at her father’s memorial

‘Why would I answer the phone at my father’s memorial?’ said Meredith.

Lisa said she called her and she said she just stepped out of her father’s memorial but Meredith insisted she ‘100 percent’ didn’t say that. Meredith said she was ‘physically in Vail. My father is buried in Aspen.’

‘You told me that and I’m not lying about that,’ said Lisa.

Andy said it was a major misunderstanding that led to some ‘horrible and brutal interactions.’ Meredith said she thought she could have been asked before all the speculation and that she was ‘attacked repeatedly.’

Not lying: 'You told me that and I'm not lying about that,' said Lisa

Not lying: ‘You told me that and I’m not lying about that,’ said Lisa

The show broke for lunch and Lisa tried to talk to Meredith but she told her to ‘just stop.’

Lisa went back to her trailer upset. She told the cameras to get out of her trailer for a minute.

Meredith went back to her trailer and called her husband Seth who told her ‘your mascara is not running. You don’t look like you were crying too hard’ and asked her how it was going. She told him she already cried.

Jen said in her trailer to her husband Sharrieff that when the topic of her having to do ‘my apology tour to everyone at the beginning of the season Meredith got emotional and apologized for the way she treated me.’ She told him that Meredith said that she had a lot of other things going on in her life and talked about the death of her father. Jen said she understood those feelings because she went through that herself.

Catching up: Jen said in her trailer to her husband Sharrieff that when the topic of her having to do 'my apology tour to everyone at the beginning of the season Meredith got emotional and apologized for the way she treated me'

Catching up: Jen said in her trailer to her husband Sharrieff that when the topic of her having to do ‘my apology tour to everyone at the beginning of the season Meredith got emotional and apologized for the way she treated me’

When they returned from the break, Andy told them that he wanted to talk about Mary. He asked everyone to raise their hand if they had received mean texts from Mary, Meredith, Lisa, Jen, Heather and Whitney all raised their hands. Jennie said she didn’t get them.

‘She just said it to you in person,’ said Heather.

Andy asked Meredith what Mary’s texts to her said. She said after Jennie threw the glass at Mary that she was upset that she didn’t check in on her.

The texts: Andy asked Meredith what Mary's texts to her said

The texts: Andy asked Meredith what Mary’s texts to her said

One viewer asked Jennie why she wasn’t intimidated by Mary like the others seemed to be.

‘I’m not intimidated by anybody,’ said Jennie. ‘I have really high confrontational tolerance and if you don’t like that, then that’s your problem not mine.’

Heather said maybe that was why Mary wasn’t here.

‘Nobody went in like Jennie,’ said Heather.

Another viewer asked why no one stood up for Heather when Mary body-shamed her and said she drinks too much.

Body shamed: Another viewer asked why no one stood up for Heather when Mary body-shamed her and said she drinks too much

Body shamed: Another viewer asked why no one stood up for Heather when Mary body-shamed her and said she drinks too much

Lisa said, ‘It was already so chaotic would you really want to pour gas on that fire?’

Another viewer asked Meredith, Whitney and Jen whether they thought Mary’s church was a cult. Meredith said she didn’t see anything at the service that led her to believe it was a cult. Whitney said she didn’t at the time, but questions it now.

‘I think every church is a cult to some extent,’ said Jen. She said when she went to the church that it was a Mother’s Day tribute only to Mary and that parishioners were fanning her.

‘They were losing their minds over Mary,’ said Jen.

Church topic: 'I think every church is a cult to some extent,' said Jen

Church topic: ‘I think every church is a cult to some extent,’ said Jen

Andy then asked Whitney if she believed that Mary thinks she is God.

Whitney said she doesn’t believe she thinks she is God but that she uses the fear of God to get what she wants.

Jennie said she didn’t understand why Mary’s church was so interesting to everybody. Heather said because Lisa invited Cameron, an ex-member of Mary’s church who told her the church will beat you down until they get what they want and that was why he mortgaged his house, and made it a topic of conversation.

Andy asked Lisa about her friendship with Cameron. She said that he died of a brain tumor and that she misses him. She said she knew him for five years and was devastated that he wasn’t here.

Late friend: Andy asked Lisa about her friendship with Cameron

Late friend: Andy asked Lisa about her friendship with Cameron

Andy asked Meredith why she thought that Lisa introduced her to Cameron. Before she answered Meredith asked Lisa if Cameron was on the board of Foster Care Utah for the event where they were introduced.

Lisa said he was, but then Whitney said that wasn’t true.

‘He was there because you thought Meredith would take the football and run with it,’ said Heather.

‘She’s brilliant at igniting the fire and I always fall for it,’ said Whitney.

Meredith said, ‘did Cameron really give Mary $300,000?’

‘I think I got the numbers wrong,’ said Lisa. ‘He had an expensive house when he passed. I think they have footage of it. I don’t want to say the number. He mortgaged his house to give her money.’

‘Lisa, you flat out told me off camera that he did not donate $300,000,’ said Meredith. ‘You told me it was about 10 percent of what you told me. And Mary told me the same thing.’

Lisa said she might have said a $300,000 house or a $300,000 mortgage.

Another viewer wants to know why Lisa was mad at Whitney for contacting Cameron directly to get the story.

House mortgaged: 'I think I got the numbers wrong,' said Lisa. 'He had an expensive house when he passed. I think they have footage of it. I don't want to say the number. He mortgaged his house to give her money'

House mortgaged: ‘I think I got the numbers wrong,’ said Lisa. ‘He had an expensive house when he passed. I think they have footage of it. I don’t want to say the number. He mortgaged his house to give her money’

Lisa then brought out what she said were printed text messages from Cameron.

‘We don’t know that these are real,’ said Whitney.

Whitney said she reached out to Cameron because of what she told her at the cooking class about how he had been very close to Mary. Whitney said that Cameron told her that he was ready to come out about Mary about how her parishioners thought she was God.

‘He told me that he had a relationship with her,’ said Whitney.

Relationship talk: 'He told me that he had a relationship with her,' said Whitney

Relationship talk: ‘He told me that he had a relationship with her,’ said Whitney

Heather asked ‘like a sexual relationship?’

‘No, he did not say,’ said Whitney. ‘I did not ask, push.’

‘You believe they were having an affair?’ asked Andy.

‘Yeah,’ said Whitney.

‘I think they had one,’ said Heather. ‘I don’t think it was going on.’

Whitney said ‘Cameron was young when this happened with Mary and he felt he was taken advantage of.’

Whitney said she wished Mary was at the reunion to address this.

Lisa said ‘I wish Cameron was here and I wish Mary was here.’

Another viewer asked if it was true that there was a support group for ex-members of Mary’s church.

‘It’s true,’ said Lisa. ‘It’s a 100% true.’

Whitney said. ‘I’ve had ex-members of her congregation come up to me and say that I have it, we have it, right.’

Support group: Another viewer asked if it was true that there was a support group for ex-members of Mary's church

Support group: Another viewer asked if it was true that there was a support group for ex-members of Mary’s church

Andy asked Meredith what was the latest with Brooks’ fashion line. She told him that he was doing great and finishing at New York University this Spring. She also told her that her daughter Chloe was also doing great.

Andy asked Jen if her son Omar let her decorate his locker and she said she thinks he didn’t get a locker this year on purpose. He asked Heather about her children graduating from high school and she said it felt like a big pay off as a mom. Andy said some viewers had said she was living vicariously through her daughter Ashley.

‘I think that when you know better, you do better,’ said Heather. ‘As mom, get it out now, not when you’re 40…college is the time to do that.’

The conclusion of The Real Housewives Of Salt Lake City season two reunion will air next Sunday on Bravo.

Proud mom: Andy asked Heather about her children graduating from high school and she said it felt like a big pay off as a mom

Proud mom: Andy asked Heather about her children graduating from high school and she said it felt like a big pay off as a mom

ncG1vNJzZmimkZ63or%2FUqZyrnpGjwG%2BvzqZmq52RoXqpu9SsnLChpprAbrvFZqqapKRiuaK3xGaaoqypYr%2Bmwc2ipqdlnJ7AonnBmqmlp6diwbO1xKxkraddmsWxuMCipWaqkaPBbq3GmqCnq6Riuqa%2BxJ2graBdoq6zt9Jo