Who Is Tom Felton Dating? A Look At His Relationship With Jade Olivia Gordon & Other Girlfriends

Publish date: 2024-05-03

Harry Potter stars Tom Felton and Emma Watson reignited a rumor that began back in their teenage days.

A reunion of the films series’ original cast members is set to drop on HBO Max at midnight, New Years Day. 

The trailer is a delight for Potterheads everywhere who have been hoping for a reunion of their favorite acting family for decades.

In a sneak peek of the 20-year reunion, Watson recalled her massive crush on co-star Tom Felton.

“I walked into the room where we were having tutoring. The assignment that had been given was to draw what you thought God looked like, and Tom had drawn a girl with a backward cap on a skateboard. And I just don’t know how to say it — I just fell in love with him,” she revealed.

Based on the J.K. Rowling book series, Watson’s character (Hermione Granger) was infamously opposed to Felton’s Draco Malfoy.

In spite of many fans hoping the two would get together after the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, it appeared as though the actors were planning on staying friends.

Unfortunately for Watson, Felton was involved in a long-term relationship for the majority of their Harry Potter days.

The actor has never been married, but despite there being no wife to speak of, he has been involved in a few relationships throughout his career.

Tom Felton and Jade Olivia Gordon

From 2008 to 2016, Felton was in a long-term relationship with partner Jade Olivia Gordon.

The two had met when Gordon worked as a stunt assistant on the Harry Potter films.

The couple kept their relationship low-key during the seven years they were together, although Gordon made a few public appearances with Felton over the years.

Felton and Gordon were often pictured at red carpet events and film premieres together for the duration of the relationship.

In a 2015 quickfire interview with Express, Felton answered the question of who his best friend was with:

“My girlfriend Jade,” adding that “ having someone who truly understands you, where you don’t have to sugar-coat things and where most conversations can be held with just a look, is rare.”

Felton’s then-girlfriend was not only a stuntwoman on the films; in a flash-forward in the final movie, she had a small role as Astoria Malfoy, his character’s wife, in the epilogue.

The actor told MTV News that he encouraged Gordon to agree to the cameo, saying they filmed the scene for three days at King’s Cross station.

He added: 

“She plays my wife, Astoria Malfoy; we have a kid together. It was all very rush, rush. So yeah, we were married for three days. It was fun. It gave me a chance to see what she’s going to look like in 19 years. And if that’s what she looks like, I’m doing pretty well for myself.”

The couple quietly broke up in 2016, and Gordon then married professional golfer Patrick Rodgers in 2019.

Hints About Tom Felton’s Love Life

Before the actor’s highly-publicized relationship with Gordon, he was rumored to be dating singer Melissa Tamschick after paparazzi photos of the couple at an airport were released.

Little is known about the relationship, but many assume Felton and Tamschick were together from April 2004 to March 2007.

Was There An Overlap With Phoebe Tonkin?

While many have guessed Felton was with Tomschick for just over three years, some sources believe there was an overlap of relationships.

It was rumored in 2006 that Felton was romantically involved with H20: Just Add Water star, Phoebe Tonkin.

Nobody knows for sure, but it appears as though Felton was in a gray area in terms of romantic entanglements.

Tonkin was reportedly only involved with Felton until 2008.

Details are certainly fuzzy, but everything prior to Gordon is hearsay as Felton had never publicly discussed his relationships with Tonkin or Tomschick in the press.

A Potential Tom Felton and Emma Watson Relationship?

As of 2021, Felton has neither a wife nor is he involved with anyone.

With the clip of Watson recalling her crush on her former co-star making the rounds on social media, some eagle-eyed fans have gathered evidence of a potential relationship brewing between the two.

Felton was reportedly aware of Watson’s teenage crush on him. In the same sneak peek, he said:

“I think I was in the hair and make-up chair and someone said something along the lines of, ‘Yeah, she had a crush on you,’” 

It was clear at the time Felton did not reciprocate Watson’s feelings towards him, adding:

“I became very protective over her. Yeah, I’ve always had a soft spot for her and that continues to this day. There’s always been something that’s like, I don’t know, a kinship.”

Whether or not they have ever been romantically involved, the two have definitely kept in touch over the years.

In February 2019, the pair were clearly hanging out when Watson posted a photo of herself that Felton had taken. She captioned it, “friends capture you best.”

A couple of months later, Felton posted his own beach photo with the caption “women do it better,” just before posting a picture of the actor teaching Watson to play the guitar while in South Africa.

Watson has been in a relationship with American businessman Leo Robinton since 2019.

In May 2021, she was rumored to be engaged to Robinton but quickly shut the story down.

Earlier this year, a source confirmed that Watson was happy to remain in a long-term relationship with Robinton and was willing to wait a bit longer to be married.

As of November 2021, the couple is still going strong, as reported by The Daily Mail.

A source revealed that the pair make every effort to keep the relationship quiet, although it is believed the businessman has met Watson’s family.

Not much is known of Robinton after he was caught with Watson in 2019, as he decided to shut down all social media accounts to hide the relationship from the press.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunDAzqZkn52cqbyvecOaq6Kml2K3orDEZqaloaaerm6zzqubqKZf