Where Is Brian Stelter Going Leaving CNN -What Happened To Him?

Publish date: 2024-05-06

Brian Stelter, CNN chief media correspondent and the host of the weekly talk show Reliable Sources, has announced his departure from the news network.

Stelter was born to Donna and Mark Stelter on September 3, 1985, in Damascus, Maryland. He attended Damascus High School and did his further studies at Towson University where, from 2005 to 2007, he served as editor-in-chief of the online newspaper, The Towerlight.

While at University, he created TVNewser, a blog about cable news and television. The popularity of the blog led it to be sold to Mediabistro and later became a part of the Adweek blog network.

Brian graduated from college in May 2007 at the age of 22, after which, he joined The New York Times as a media reporter in July 2007. He joined CNN's Reliable Sources as a host and chief media correspondent in November 2013.

Quick Facts

Full NameBrian Patrick Stelter
Date of BirthSeptember 3, 1985
Place of BirthDamascus, Maryland
NationalityAmerican
OccupationJournalist, Media Correspondent, Host
ParentsDonna and Mark Stelter
SpouseJamie Shupak
ChildrenTwo

Is Brian Stelter Going To Leave CNN?

Brian Stelter is leaving CNN as the news network will cancel the Sunday morning talk show Reliable Sources. He was the host of the show since 2013.

Stelter is set to host the final episode of Reliable Sources on August 21, 2022, which will be his last work for CNN. The 36-year-old's departure from the news network comes as a shocker to fans as there were no hints of him leaving before the announcement.

[image-1]

"I loved anchoring @ReliableSources. It was a rare privilege to lead a weekly show focused on the press at a time when it has never been more consequential. And here's the thing..." Stelter tweeted.

"We're going to do it one more time. One more show. This Sunday morning. The small but mighty producing team is working on bookings and ideas right now. I am in awe of their talent and I am going to do everything I can to help them find new roles. See you Sunday at 11 am ET."

What Happened To Him? -Illness And Health

Brian Stelter is in perfect health condition. There is not any news of illness or any health issues that the CNN personality is facing.

After the announcement that he is leaving the Sunday morning show, people were worried about whether Stelter is facing any health issues that force him to cancel the show.

The one show on CNN I never missed was Reliable Sources, with Brian Stelter. It has been an invaluable window into how the media covers...itself. Today CNN canceled it.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) August 18, 2022

However, the reason for the departure of the long-serving CNN chief media corresponding has not been revealed. Nevertheless, it is not due to any health issues since there has not been mention of any illness.

Similar Article: What Illness Is Bill McGurn Suffering From -Where Is He Now?

Brian Stelter's Wife And Religion

Brian Stelter is married to Jamie Shupak, a traffic anchor at NY1. The couple married on February 22, 2014, in a Jewish Ceremony.

[image-2]

The couple is parents of two children, a daughter born in May 2017, and a son born in August 2019. They are raising their children in Shupak's Jewish faith and currently reside in the Lincoln Square neighborhood on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

Before his marriage, Stelter was raised a Methodist. However, he is now non-religious. He dated CNBC anchor Nicole Lapin in 2011.

Also Read: Who Is Sara Sidner's Husband? Learn About Her Parents And Nationality

ncG1vNJzZmirmKTEo7XZnKarppWne6S7zGiuoZ2imnqqv4ybqaKZnmLAtbHLrZyrZZektq%2BzjKWcmq6Zo7Rur82nZLCgkal6qa3PqZynnZRiwbB5x6KkZqGcobumv9Jmn56ZnKm1