London Bridge Is Down Queen Elizabeth II Dead at 96

Publish date: 2024-05-06
London Bridge Is Down — Queen Elizabeth II Dead at 96?

Originally published on GlamourBuff.com

The London Bridge is down.

Queen Elizabeth II, the United Kingdom monarch and 14 other sovereign countries, is dead at 96. She died peacefully while surrounded by her family. “The Queen has died, very sadly. She died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon,” officials said.

Her cause of death was presumably due to aging and complicated health issues.

Now, after her death, her son Prince Charles immediately became King. According to CNN, the Royal family referred to Charles as King in announcing the death of Queen Elizabeth.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre reacted to the news that Queen Elizabeth II had died at 96, saying that “our hearts and our thoughts” go to the family and the people of the United Kingdom.

“The Queen has died, very sadly. She died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.”

Queen Elizabeth II, the longest-reigning British monarch whose rule spanned seven decades, died on Thursday at the age of 96, Buckingham Palace has announced. https://t.co/lmvLUfBMV0 pic.twitter.com/8YlXgLEszH

— CNN (@CNN) September 8, 2022

“Our hearts and our thoughts go to the family members of the Queen, goes to the people of United Kingdom. I don’t want to get ahead of what the President is going to say,” Jean-Pierre said at the end of the White House press briefing, reacting live to the news of the Queen’s passing.

Concerns about her health and death rumors began after Buckingham Palace, on September 8, 2022, revealed that Queen Elizabeth II was being monitored by medics — who were concerned about her health. It was reported that she was comfortable and will continue at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, where she has spent the summer.

15 Prime Ministers. 1 Queen. pic.twitter.com/zglX5Pr9E4

— The Royalists (@TheRoyalistsUK) September 6, 2022

The successor to the throne, now-King Prince Charles, was at Balmoral Castle with the Queen and his wife, Camilla, and sister, Princess Anne. Soon after the news about the Queen being treated was released, Charles’ oldest son, Prince William, was on his way to Balmoral, as were his brother, Prince Harry, his wife, Meghan, Prince Andrew, and the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

The statement regarding the Queen’s health came a day after the 96-year-old Queen was urged to rest and postponed a meeting of her Privy Council. At Wednesday’s meeting, the Privy Council, a group of the monarch’s top advisors, was scheduled to swear in Truss and her new Cabinet colleagues officially. 

On September 8, every top official in the government and the BBC were being closely monitored. Huw Edwards, a BBC news presenter, went on air wearing a black tie before it was announced that the Queen was dead.

This is a canary in the mine for people who are aware of the arrangements for the death of a king. Similarly, BBC’s website was changed to black, and all BBC One programming was canceled till 6 p.m.

What will happen now?

The plan for what will happen in the United Kingdom on and immediately after Queen Elizabeth II’s death is known as Operation London Bridge, also known by its code phrase London Bridge Is Down. 

This includes the announcement of her death, the period of official mourning, and the details of her state funeral. Some crucial choices about the plan have been made by the Queen herself, while others will have to be made by her successor, Charles, Prince of Wales, following her death. 

When Queen dies, her private secretary will be the first official to deliver the news. Their first step will be to contact the prime minister, where civil servants will use secure telephone lines to convey the code phrase “London Bridge is down” to the prime minister. 

Queen Elizabeth II died at the age of 96. (Source: Twitter)

The private secretary will also inform the cabinet secretary and the Privy Council Office. The cabinet secretary will then tell ministers and senior civil servants. 

The Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office’s Global Response Centre, based in a secret location in London, will communicate the news to the governments of the 14 other countries where Elizabeth II reigned and the governments of the other Commonwealth of Nations.

An announcement would inform the media to PA Media and the BBC via the Radio Alert Transmission System (RATS). Similarly, the commercial radio on the Independent Radio News will also be informed via a network of blue “obit lights” alerting presenters to play “inoffensive music” and prepare for a news flash.

At the same time, BBC Two would suspend scheduled programming and switch to BBC One’s broadcast of the announcement. It is reported that The Times has 11 days of planned coverage, while ITN and Sky News have long practiced her death under the name “Mrs Robinson.”

A footman would attach a dark-edged notification to Buckingham Palace’s gates. At the same time, the palace website would display the same notice.

The Royals are far from perfect and not everyone’s cup of tea, but the Queen is the embodiment of service and duty to one’s country. It’s a shame to see such disrespect and vulgar comments about a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Show some decency. #QueenElizabeth pic.twitter.com/1VZbDZwuyi

— Jess Ong (@Jess_Ong_) September 8, 2022

The Parliament of the United Kingdom, as well as the parliaments of Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland would meet as soon as possible or be recalled if they are not currently sitting. The Prime Minister would address the House of Commons. 

The new monarch, Prince Charles, will meet with the prime minister and then deliver a speech to the nation at 6 p.m., the evening following the Queen’s death. 

Whitehall and local government buildings will fly flags at half-mast, and books of condolence may be opened; ceremonial ornaments, such as ceremonial maces or council chains, are to be placed in black purses.

Similarly, Gun salutes will take place at saluting stations. Depending on where Elizabeth II died, different preparations for conveying her coffin are planned, including those for Windsor Castle and Scotland. 

The plan known as Operation Unicorn will happen since the Queen died in Scotland. Once the death is made public, Holyrood Palace, St Giles’ Cathedral, and the Scottish Parliament will be the focal points of gatherings, with a public condolence book put up at the latter.

The vast majority of people in the UK have lived their entire lives under the same monarch

I don’t think some people grasp how seismic a change in Britain losing the Queen will be#QueenElizabeth pic.twitter.com/E7W4XLuu5G

— Fear_the_Beard 🧔🏻 (@FeartheBeardy) September 8, 2022

Parliamentary activities will be halted immediately for at least six days to enable officials to prepare for the burial. Within 72 hours after reconvening, the parliament will draft a motion of condolence.

The Queen’s coffin will be laid to rest at Holyrood Palace, followed by a reception ceremony at St Giles’ Cathedral in Edinburgh. Following that, the coffin would be brought to Waverley station and, if feasible, conveyed by the Royal Train to London. 

If not, the coffin would be flown to London and met by the prime minister and cabinet members.

If she had died at Windsor Castle or Sandringham House, the coffin would be transported by Royal Train to London’s St Pancras railway station. There, the prime minister and cabinet ministers will be waiting.

If she had died overseas, the coffin would be transported by No. 32 (The Royal) Squadron to RAF Northolt and then by hearse to Buckingham Palace. 

In all situations, the casket would be carried to Buckingham Palace’s Throne Room. It would be brought to Westminster Hall five days following the Queen’s death and lay in state for three days after service.

A state funeral led by the Archbishop of Canterbury would be held at Westminster Abbey ten days after the Queen’s death. Her body would then be buried in a prepared tomb at King George VI Memorial Chapel in St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, alongside Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, whose coffin will be moved from the Royal Vault. 

Before the burial, a committal ceremony would be performed at St George’s Chapel. As the Queen and the Prime Minister agreed, the day of the funeral would be proclaimed a day of national mourning, although no bank holiday would be given. 

https://twitter.com/livvzeegs/status/1567891823485386753

At noon, there will be a two-minute silence throughout the United Kingdom, and processions will assemble in London and Windsor.

The plans for the Queen’s death and funeral run concurrently with Operation Spring Tide, the plan for the Prince of Wales’ accession to the throne. The day after the Queen’s death, the Accession Council would meet at St James’s Palace to proclaim the new monarch.

Parliament would meet that evening to swear allegiance to the new monarch and express condolences for the Queen’s death. The majority of legislative activity would be halted for ten days. 

The new monarch, King Charles, will welcome the prime minister and cabinet for an audience at 3:30 p.m. Proclamations of the new monarch will be made by the Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish governments two days following the Queen’s death. 

King Charles would receive the motion of condolence in Westminster Hall in the morning on the third day after the Queen’s death before departing on a tour of the United Kingdom. Similarly, the new king would visit the Scottish parliament and attend a liturgy at Edinburgh’s St Giles’ Cathedral. 

He would also go to Northern Ireland the next day when they would receive a motion of condolence at Hillsborough Castle and attend a liturgy at St Anne’s Cathedral in Belfast. 

Then, he would visit Wales seven days following the Queen’s death, receiving a vote of condolence from the Welsh parliament and attending liturgy at Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff.

Keep reading Glamour Buff for more stories like this!

Colleen Ballinger Claims She Lost Broadway Role amid Grooming Accusations

“I was really sad about that,” said the YouTuber.

Colleen Ballinger has been facing backlash, and multiple companies have ended ties with her since she was accused of grooming young viewers.

The YouTuber has since been sharing her “dark times” following the accusations. Now, the YouTuber has opened up about how she lost out on a Broadway audition last year over her grooming allegations.

On Thursday, January 11, 2024, Ballinger uploaded a new vlog on her YouTube channel titled ‘My Big Audition!’ In the new video, she went into the details of losing out on a big Broadway opportunity.

She mentioned that the auditions didn’t work out and was sad about it. She also said that she lost the Broadway opportunity right after she was accused of grooming, an accusation which she claimed was made up.

She stated, “It didn’t work out and I was really sad about that. I’m not going to get super into it but obviously, a lot happened last year, a lot was said last year. I lost that opportunity right after a story came out about me that was just completely made up and it is what it is.”

Colleen Ballinger talks about losing out on a Broadway opportunity in her new YouTube video (Photo: YouTube)

“We’re moving forward. I already got to do a Broadway show, and I’m so grateful for that. What a cool, wonderful, and beautiful experience that was for me,” Ballinger added. She said she was grateful for that opportunity as it was her ultimate dream to be on Broadway.

Her statement read, “I’m so grateful that I ever got to do it because my ultimate dream, if you know me at all since I was a little girl, was to be on Broadway.” She further reflected on the opportunity and admitted that she was “excited to see that dream come true again.”

But Ballinger then reconciled with the fact that the “dream has already come true.” As she continued, she said she finally understood why her viewers wanted an update, as she had conveyed so much of the audition process in her videos throughout 2023.

She stated, “I shared that audition process with you, so I understand why everyone is so curious to know what happened, but I’m not going to sit here and have a pity party about it. I definitely already had a pity party about that one, believe me, and now I’m just trying to look at everything with a different lens.”

Ballinger’s grooming accusations first surfaced in 2020 when Adam McIntyre, a former fan and YouTuber, spoke up against her. He accused her of grooming him and claimed that her behavior towards her fans wasn’t good.

However, nobody believed McIntyre then, and many of Ballinger’s fans defended her and accused McIntyre of lying. This led to the topic being faded and forgotten until McIntyre uploaded another video about Ballinger on June 4, 2023.

In the video, which was over an hour long, he opened up about his relationship with Ballinger and how he felt she was using him and other fans as per her needs. Likewise, in another video, he mentioned being a part of a group chat with Ballinger and other fans.

McIntyre claimed that when all of this was happening, Ballinger was already in her 30s, whereas most of the fans in the group chat were between 14 and 16. But the age didn’t stop Ballinger from commenting on their looks, encouraging bullying, and asking inappropriate questions.

“This woman groomed me,” McIntyre mentioned. Additionally, McIntyre showed multiple screenshots of his time in the group chats. Some of the pictures showed Ballinger asking very inappropriate questions.

As McIntyre went on, he claimed that Ballinger, also known as Miranda Sings, used love-bombing to make him feel special and praised and encouraged him to run her social media handles without pay. All this ultimately ended their friendship.

McIntyre later realized that Ballinger had been grooming him and decided to stand up and talk about his experience. Since he spoke against her, other fans in the group chat have also opened up about their experiences of being groomed or used by Ballinger.

In addition to Ballinger, fans have accused the YouTuber’s sister, Rachel, and her best friend, Kory DeSoto, of grooming. All three have received major backlash since the grooming scandal came to light, and many sponsors have ended their contracts.

Bruno Mars’ Relationship with Girlfriend Jessica Caban Reportedly in Shambles

“They are living separate lives,” said the source.

Bruno Mars’ Relationship with Girlfriend Jessica Caban Reportedly in Shambles

It looks like the end is near for Bruno Mars’ long-time relationship with his girlfriend, Jessica Caban.

As per reports, the American singer-songwriter and his girlfriend’s relationship might end up in a break up, considering the two are reportedly living apart as of this moment.

On Wednesday, January 10, 2024, an inside source close to the couple told The Sun that Mars and Caban weren’t together to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve. The source also stressed that Mars’ busy touring schedule has kept them apart.

The source, a friend of the love birds, stated, “Bruno and Jessica barely spend time together anymore — it is really sad. They are living separate lives, so it doesn’t bode well for their relationship. It feels like things are fizzling out between them.”

“They have so much history together, but we aren’t sure whether they will be able to save things this time. It would be hard for them to say goodbye, but perhaps it’s for the best at this point,” the source added.

Bruno Mars with girlfriend Jessica Caban, 2015 pic.twitter.com/VuuwmblOpq

— ‎ً (@hourlyBM) March 29, 2022

The Sun also mentioned that Mars’ reluctance to take his relationship with his girlfriend of 13 years to another level, aka share the wedding vows, has added more pressure on their relationship.

DeuxMoi had also hinted at the duo’s alleged forthcoming split a couple of weeks ago. An anonymous tipster had told the popular Instagram gossip account, in one of their Q&A sessions, that Mars and Caban’s relationship was fizzling out.

They wrote, “Bruno Mars (ex) girlfriend not wearing any engagement ring? Could it be they split!???” To this info, DeuxMoi replied, “OMG we just talked about this on this week’s podcast episode. We could have used this info.”

The engagement in question refers to a previous report by DeuxMoi, where a source claimed that Mars and Caban had gotten engaged. The claim was agreed upon by Caban’s friend, who mentioned that Caban had been donning an engagement ring for a while.

DeuxMoi’s Instagram story where a tipster mentioned about Bruno Mars and Jessica Caban’s alleged split (Photo: Instagram)

Returning to the topic, on DeuxMoi’s Q&A session on January 10, 2024, another tipster mentioned the same thing reported by The Sun. The tipster wrote, “Bruno Mars and Jessica spent Christmas and New Year apart! Getting more obvious they split.”

As of this writing, neither Mars nor Caban has responded to the claims of their relationship fizzling out. The singer’s reps have also not made a comment. That said, Mars often likes to keep the details of his dating life away from the media.

Coming over to Mars’ relationship with his girlfriend, they first met in 2010 at a restaurant in New York. At the time, there were reports of them dating, officially confirmed via Caban’s tweet on October 7, 2012, when she shared a picture of herself and Mars.

Since then, the two have always been together, being each other’s support system. However, they did all this and more while keeping their togetherness out of the eye of the media and public.

Bruno Mars’ girlfriend Jessica Caban’s recent picture with no engagement ring amid rumored engagement news (Photo: Twitter)

Nonetheless, Mars occasionally mentioned Caban in his acceptance speeches and talked about their relationship in some of his interviews. For instance, when he won the Best Pop Vocal Album award in 2014, he said, “Jessica, I love you” onstage.

Years later, when he won the Record of the Year award in 2018, he went onstage and gushed about his life partner. He said, “My lady, Jessica, I love you, baby. Thank you for being my rock and being on my side throughout this whole process.”

Likewise, during his 2016 interview with Rolling Stone, he was asked if he would propose to Caban sometime soon. He replied that she was his best friend and they were “just happy.” His full answer read, “She’s my best friend. My rock. What’s wrong with that? We’re just happy.”

As years passed, things seemed blissful between the love birds, with one rumor claiming they were expanding their family. But these pregnancy rumors were never confirmed. And since Mars and Caban aren’t parents yet, it can be regarded as false.

Fast forward to 2024, Mars and Caban’s relationship is now in question. As mentioned earlier, reports claim they are living a separate life, hinting there might be a possible break up. For now, fans have to wait and see what happens next!

TikTok Couple Hunter and Devin Cordle Pregnant with Second Baby

Devin Cordle and Hunter Cordle have been together for over six years.

TikTok Couple Hunter and Devin Cordle Pregnant with Second Baby

American TikTok star Devin Cordle joyfully revealed the exciting news of expecting her second child with her partner, Hunter Cordle.

On January 10, 2024, Devin and Hunter captivated their followers by sharing a heartwarming video set to Billianne’s ‘Simply The Best.’ The endearing footage captured the couple in a tender moment, sharing a sweet kiss that beautifully highlighted their close and affectionate bond.

As the video unfolded, the Tiktok star affectionately revealed her growing baby bump, complemented by a heartwarming glimpse of the ultrasound image.

Alongside the post, Hunter and Devin Cordle added a caption that playfully hinted at the timeframe, stating “Summer of 2024” with a white heart emoji.

Upon viewing the video, a wave of congratulatory messages flooded in from their friends and followers. Kaci Blair Driggers expressed her excitement with a heartfelt message, saying, “I love love love you, friend!! Cannot wait for this addition.”

Meanwhile, Dani Austin Ramirez joyfully exclaimed, “YES THE SECRETS FINALLY OUT! I love you guys and I’m so happy for your beautiful growing family. Looks like we will need to postpone this year’s annual sky diving trip.”

Similarly, one fan expressed having a strong intuition about the TikTok star’s pregnancy. Over the past few weeks, every time she encountered posts or stories, she felt a sense of certainty, thinking, “Yep, she’s pregnant.”

The person also refrained from commenting on the posts, respecting the TikTok star’s privacy and knowing that the announcement would come when she was ready.

Devin Cordle and Hunter Cordle’s relationship timeline

Devin and Hunter’s love story began when they first crossed paths during their teenage years at the same school. Their connection later flourished as they shared memorable moments at high school homecomings and proms.

After several years of building a strong relationship, the couple took a significant step forward. At the young age of 19, Devin and Hunter exchanged vows in a breathtaking wedding ceremony in 2017.

The intimate event was graced by the presence of their close friends and family members, marking the commencement of a beautiful chapter in their lives.

Approximately four years into their marriage, Devin and Hunter joyfully welcomed their first daughter, Ivy Cordle, in March 2021. Since the birth of their child, the couple consistently shared snapshots featuring their firstborn.

For instance, on February 26, 2023, the TikTok star shared a touching family picture to commemorate her daughter’s birthday. In the caption accompanying the post, she conveyed her astonishment that nearly two years had flown by since they first embraced parenthood.

Devin Cordle and Hunter Cordle welcomed their daughter, Ivy Cordle, in 2021. (Source: Instagram)

Devin further reflected that she and her husband have acquired valuable lessons over these two years, but ultimately, they have grown in various aspects, emerging stronger as a cohesive team.

Similarly, on June 30, 2023, she shared a heartwarming snapshot capturing a tender moment with her daughter and husband, expressing the sentiment with the caption, “A dream come true.”

Upon seeing the pictures, one person stated that the pictures are adorable and so dreamy, while another commented that Devin is so blessed to have such a sweet family.

ncG1vNJzZmifnJa6sMHRm6yfnl6YvK57zZ6urGehqrKmuoyeo6KykZeytbSMoZyapKSdera8w5qrnqs%3D