Greg Hawley obituary: Young man dies unexpectedly in Harrisburg, PA

Publish date: 2024-05-06

Harrisburg, PA – In a heart-wrenching turn of events, the community is mourning the sudden and unexpected passing of Greg Hawley, a cherished member of the neighborhood. Greg’s sister, Theresa Hawley, announced his passing on Tuesday, October 24, 2023, leaving friends, neighbors, and family members devastated by the news. Greg’s untimely departure has left a void that cannot be easily filled, as he was a beloved figure to all who knew him.

Since the news of his passing emerged, an outpouring of heartfelt condolences has flooded in from the community. Friends, neighbors, and acquaintances have come forward to pay tribute to Greg’s warm spirit, his kindness, and his role as a devoted father. One of his neighbors, MariBella Contreras, expressed her deep sorrow, saying, “I am sorry for your loss for you and your family. I am his neighbor. My son used to do mechanic work with him. His son used to play with my grandkids. I could see how much of a good father & good person he was. I really feel bad. I used to speak with him every day. I will pray for you, his family, and his son as well.”

Theresa Hawley shared a post on fb on the death of Greg Hawley:

I’ve never been the best with words, and in times like these I really struggle to say what’s on my mind…Greg was my oldest brother. I have memories of him from before I was even 5 years old. Even though he would pick on me I remember him also being my protector against my other 2 brothers when they were messing with me. I remember him making me ramen when I was hungry (which is still my favorite) and picking me up from soccer practice and driving way too fast in his Mercedes Benz on the back roads, but it was so much fun.
We had a few years where our relationship was strained, and we didn’t talk much. But he was always in the back of my mind hoping he would find his path in life. And then he did, and it was so beautiful to watch him come back into our lives so happy and free.
These last couple years getting to know my brother again were filled with so much joy and hope. Joy to have my brother in my life again and hope for the future. And seeing him being a father to Liam was so beautiful. Liam was his reason and what pushed him each day. He was the best father and would have done anything for that boy.
I am broken that I am mourning the loss of my brother but also thankful he gave me a nephew that will always remind me of him. Liam is turning 9 today and although his birthdays will never be the same, we will always celebrate. Because in the words of Ellen DeGeneres, life is short. Life is short and it’s fragile. And we don’t know how many birthdays we have. So, we don’t have to have a birthday to celebrate, just celebrate life. And if you haven’t told someone you love them, do it now. Do it. Tell people you love them.
I will forever love you, Gregory Mark Hawley

At this time, the circumstances surrounding Greg Hawley’s passing, including the precise cause of his death, remain undisclosed. The lack of specific information has left the community in a state of shock and sorrow. The public is anxiously awaiting further updates, hoping for clarity in this difficult time.

As the community unites in grief, thoughts and prayers are extended to the entire family of Greg Hawley. His memory will continue to live on in the hearts of those he touched, reminding everyone of the importance of kindness, community, and the enduring impact one person can make on the lives of others.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51ktLOxxmafmq%2BcmsZuu8Giq66Zoq56urvUp55mpZGjeqW1xKxkrqaVrb2mr9Oem6WxXZ67brTAq6miq5Kqv6h5z5pm