Love Islands Harley Judge looks unrecognisable after taking up bodybuilding

Publish date: 2024-05-09

Love Island’s Harley Judge looks unrecognisable after taking up bodybuilding and gaining 30kg in muscle

By Rebecca Lawrence For Mailonline

|

Harley Judge has undergone a dramatic physical transformation after gaining 30kg in muscle since appearing on the third season of Love Island. 

The former grounds worker, 28, found fleeting fame on the ITV2 show five years ago but turned his back on the spotlight to take up bodybuilding. 

In a series of Instagram posts, Harley showcased his changing physique as he credited bodybuilding with helping improve not just his physical health but mental health too. 

Now: Harley Judge has undergone a dramatic physical transformation after gaining 30kg in muscle since appearing on the third season of Love Island

Then: Harley appeared on Love Island in 2017

Now and then: Harley Judge has undergone a dramatic physical transformation after gaining 30kg in muscle since appearing on the third season of Love Island 

Harley – who now owns an online coaching service with his bodybuilder girlfriend – shared a recent post in which he detailed how he had turned his life around since appearing on Love Island. 

He penned: ‘How much can life change in 5 years -I worked a manual job which deep down I hated, but it was alright money. -I trained 5x a week, Mon-Fri with the standard bro split. -I ate everything in sight and used the excuse of “getting the calories in”. -I was drinking multiple times a week and spent half my life hungover because everyone else was.

‘I think most people in their 20s are probably in a similar position right now so let me tell you this. If you’re fed up with this cycle, you can break away from it. When I decided to transition out of this lifestyle, I actually found my purpose in life. I pursued my passion for bodybuilding and I’ve not looked back since. It opened up so many opportunities and Ive made the most progress I ever have in the last 5 years.’

New look: The former grounds worker, 28, found fleeting fame on the ITV2 show five years ago but turned his back on the spotlight to take up bodybuilding

New look: The former grounds worker, 28, found fleeting fame on the ITV2 show five years ago but turned his back on the spotlight to take up bodybuilding

He continued: ‘Physically I gained 30kg of muscle, mentally I’m happier with a much better mindset, I now have a successful business and career I love, I have travelled and competed in multiple countries, I have a beautiful girlfriend, with a house and 2 dogs, I have met some amazing people and have a solid friend base who support me in everything I do. 

‘Don’t think im showing off here because that’s not the purpose of this post. I’m just showing people what is possible because believe me, never did I imagine I would be where I am today back then.

‘I’ve whole heartedly pushed everyday to better myself and help people achieve similar things to what I have. Why? Because I know how good you feel when you’re making serious progress and how good life can be when you do something you love every single day. 

‘I am 28 this year with a lot of life experience under my belt and I am relatable in the fact that anyone reading this is capable of achieving this. 5 years from now your life could look very different if you want it to. Lets get to work.’ 

Wow: In a series of Instagram posts, Harley showcased his changing physique as he credited bodybuilding with helping improve not just his physical health but mental health too

Wow: In a series of Instagram posts, Harley showcased his changing physique as he credited bodybuilding with helping improve not just his physical health but mental health too

Bulking up: He regularly shows off his progress in before and after pictures for fans

Bulking up: He regularly shows off his progress in before and after pictures for fans 

Harley briefly appeared on Love Island in the show’s third season – which was eventually won by Kem Cetinay and Amber Davies.  

Harley was rejected by two girls in the villa despite his best efforts to romance them, which meant he was the first Islander to be voted off the 2017 version of the show.

The ‘gutted’ gym fanatic broke down in tears as he was told to leave the house after finding himself in the bottom two with newcomer Jonny Mitchell.

New love: Harley - who now owns an online coaching service with his bodybuilder girlfriend Lauren - detailed how he had turned his life around since appearing on Love Island

New love: Harley – who now owns an online coaching service with his bodybuilder girlfriend Lauren – detailed how he had turned his life around since appearing on Love Island 

Harley, who was rejected by Amber and Chloe Crowhurst on the show, said he was ‘disappointed’ and branded his love rival, newbie Chris, a ‘game player’.

‘Obviously I’m absolutely gutted to be leaving,’ the emotional evictee told Caroline Flack after bidding farewell to his teary housemates.

‘I built a great bond with everyone in there. I felt like I was beginning to come into my own towards the end.

‘I didn’t get a chance to express any romantic feelings towards anybody, so it’s disappointing I didn’t get a chance to meet any of the future new arrivals. Everyone seems happy in their couples though, which is nice to see.’

Throwback: Harley briefly appeared on Love Island in the show's third season - which was eventually won by Kem Cetinay and Amber Davies

Throwback: Harley briefly appeared on Love Island in the show’s third season – which was eventually won by Kem Cetinay and Amber Davies

Advertisement

ncG1vNJzZmimkZ63or%2FUqZyrnpGjwG%2BvzqZmpaemmnqqv8uapZ2rXZ2us7jEsmSjrZScsm64zqiirGWlo7%2Bmr86gpaKrkZe5pnnAn6ueql2prqy1zaBkrqhdl7ylxcGuoKWcmaO0cA%3D%3D